Thursday 18 April 2013

"The whole steet has gone"

The Daily Mail by Helen Lawson 18 April 2013 09:03

Survivor tells how roof collapsed on his head then he clawed his way to safety after giant fertilizer plant blast
  • 'The windows came in on me, the ceiling came in on me', one survivor says 
  • The county sheriff in West, Texas, described the scene as 'a war zone' 
  • Search goes on for missing residents and firefighters in West, Texas 
  • Up to 15 people are feared dead and scores more are injured 
  • 133 patients evacuated from the West Raven nursing home alone

A survivor of the Texas fertilizer plant blast has told how an entire street was destroyed in the explosion.

The bloodied man, believed to be a local doctor, said: 'The windows came in on me, the roof came in on me, the ceiling came in and I worked my way out to go get some more help.

'The ambulance station and the whole 1500 block of Stillmeadow is badly damaged, which is the closest street to it,' he told NBC News.

'My son lives there - he was on the second floor when it fell down, it would have fallen on him. That whole street is gone.'

No comments:

Post a Comment